Model A1286. Released February 2011 / 2.0, 2.2, or 2.3 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 Processor

Use Unibody Airport Card - 661-6510 in 2011 early MBP 15.5

I have searched a while now, and many people seem to want to have Bluetooth 4.0 in earlier model MBP's. I have not found any concrete answers. I also have noticed the Airport/ Bluetooth card that iFixit sells is compatible but only 2.1. So before I do anything to my MBP can someone please shed some light on this subject. I want to know if it is 100% compatible, so if i get it tomorrow I can rip apart my Mac, add the new card, and BAM! have Bluetooth 4.0. (I use a lot of Bluetooth devices, it would be great if I can install this instead of spending another 2,000 on a mac)

Thank you in advance

Every parts catalogue I've seen does not list it as working with an '011 model. I seem to remember someone trying it and saying the antenna leads were to short to connect to the card… though the card did fit the slot.

EFI recognition and a driver for that card are also likely problems to overcome.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

I just installed this card in my 2011 MBP and it is not recognizing the LE. LMP version is still 4. It works and the wifi works, but no LE yet.

@clymer17 still not working?

Cody Rush will be eternally grateful.