The most popular option to light large areas of buildings. They come in a variety of connection types and power ratings.

The light has turned pink. Is this dangerous?

Our fluorescent light has suddenly turned pink. It is a large double light in the bathroom. I have not seen this problem on any of the sights.

Darla, no it is not dangerous. Often fluorescent lights will turn pink (caused by a loss of mercury) with black burns on the ends of the lamp as the light reaches its end of life. Replacing the light tube should fix this. Hope this helps, good luck.

This is a brand new CFL (the long-life screwy looking ones) light BULB, not a fluorescent light.

One other possible factor, my pink glowing bulb was manufactured in China by TCP (whatever that means) and the box says it does contain mercury.

We have retubed a supermarket with 58 watt Philips lamps.

A good percentage have gone pink. Philips are saying they have never heard of that occurring.

This has happened in fittings that have the old wire wound ballasts as well as electronic ballasts.

Not dangerous but not good!

I am having the same issue with flukers 24 inch uv reptile bulbs.

their a t8 20 watt bulb.

Probably darla. Sounds dangerous.

Score -2

So is your answer.

Darla will be eternally grateful.