Repair and disassembly guides for Samsung DVD players.

switch on and it says( PROT )and goes of?.

switch on and it says prot and goes off

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

darren, The prot means it goes into protection mode and shuts itself down to prevent any further damage. It is possible that your DVD player has detected a problem in the amplifier section and is shutting down to prevent further damage. I would check is all of the speaker wiring. Sometimes it will indicate that the internal fan is not working or the internal sensors have failed to recognize that the fan is functioning. Hope this helps, good luck.

thank you so much it worked for me

Michael Maba I got the same problem what did you find was the problem and where you able to fix it ??

I think these has something to do with internal amp all you need to do is to remove sound ics and put new one's thats all

After checking the speakers and wiring, etc., for possible faults, I think the simple answer is, in all probability, a power surge. Solution: disconnect wireless from the mains supply, disconnect speakers and antenna, wait for about 30 minutes or longer. Reconnect to mains, connect speakers and antenna and switch on the mains supply. The wireless should now be working properly. If so, I suggest you purchase a surge adaptor from somewhere like Argos stores. A good one costs about £10 and is well worth being free of all the hassle of the wireless going into PROTECT mode due to a power surge.

darren will be eternally grateful.