The PlayStation Vita is the successor to the PSP. It contains a beefed up processor and graphics, and includes the addition of a second analog stick. It was released February 15, 2012.

Why can't the Vita detect my memory card after taking it apart?

This was my first time taking apart my PS Vita to replace a left analog stick that became faulty. I took out the game cartridge, but not the memory card before I took my Vita apart. Once I finished replacing the analog stick I turned on the Vita only to find out that it cannot recognize the memory card.

I tried restoring, restarting, and rebuilding, but the memory card could not be read no matter what I did. I was unable to format the memory card in safe mode since I kept getting errorc2-13209-5. I have not tried another memory card yet as this happened at an unexpected time.

I was following the instructions on ifixit and now I wish there was some kind of warning to take all cards out.

A solution to try is inserting the memory card to your PlayStation TV, if you own one. I don't know if this is guaranteed to work for anyone else but it did for me and worth a shot.

Hello Keri,

I put my memory card in another Vita, and it didn't work.....so I assume that the card is dead.

My theory is that if you leave the card in the Vita while disassembled, take out the battery and attach the battery back to the main board, it creates some kind of power surge and fries the card....which would explain why most tutorials ask you to take out the card before disassembly.

I'm going to order another card and see if that fixes the problem.

Cheers

I ordered a new memory card and it works flawlessly on the Vita. I tried the old one again, but it still doesn't work. As you said before, the memory card is fried.

Most Helpful Answer

I'm having the exact same problem, I've spent hours trying different solutions. I've posted for help on several different forums, they haven't found a solution. I have no idea what causes this problem, the hardware doesn't seem like it's damaged, even inserting the card while the back is off doesn't seem to work either.

Yeah, I even noticed when in safe mode when I try to format the memory card the error comes a few seconds later than when it wasn't in there at all. It's like it recognizes there's one in there but i'm assuming it's corrupted(memory card)?

My white ps vita is doing that as well and my brother tried it in his I'm talking about my memory card so now I have to ask my mom for her credit card for a new memory card if anybody can buy one for me I would be happy my gmail is blairrobinson773@gmail.com my address is 1007 north Clayton street. But again if you do I would be happy. Thank you.

Name:Blair Robinson

I found a solution! I don't think it was ever fried. I brought a PlayStation TV and inserted the memory card in it and it worked! When I put it back in the vita, it had no problems.

my memory card wasnt working too but i fixed it by taking it out and putting back in when the ps vita was on and it read it perfectly.

Help my psvita has it card in but says that it is not in help me ifitit

micheal

Same issue with mine..turn on ps vita and prompted to format..press eok and get an error..tried it in a different vita and still the same..time for a new card I think/hope

I have the same problem ok here's why it happened some time it gets error even when your PSVITA is off or in sleep mode this happened to many playstion users I personally buy the 4 gb just in case if it happens again please do not take the sd card when the psvita is used. i think u should never full yo the sd Card i dont like spending A lot of muney on something that will break.

my vitas card stopped working but wasn't took apart does anyone have any answers for me on how to fix this im getting the same error message

ok so my memory card wont read either and my left joystick wont work too, but im more worried about it not reading my memory card

Keri will be eternally grateful.