The MacBook family was first introduced in May 2006 and replaced the iBook as Apple's consumer laptop.

MacBook falls asleep while running

My MacBook often falls asleep during use. when I move the display a little bit up and down the MacBook is awake, but then almost immediately falls back into standby. Can anyone tell me how I can solve this problem?

Thanks for the response! I think it has something to do with the cable, because when I move the screen a little bit (not close the lid) the MacBook is awake and when the MacBook is falling asleep the sleep lamp pulse. while typing this text, the computer has fallen asleep at least three times. Can anyone tell how I can solve this problem and whether it is possible to replace or repair the broken cable?

You say: <<My MacBook often falls asleep during use. when I move the display a little bit up and down the MacBook is awake...>> when asleep is the sleep lamp flashing (pulse) ? If not then the MB is not asleep but loosing the backlight lightening and when moving the display the light comes back. This is an inverter cable problem. The cable is cut somewhere in the hinge but still makes contact when moving the lid. I could be wrong but just moving the display without closing it cannot trigger the sleep mode.

Before replacing the inverter cable try to reset the System Management Controler (SMC).

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Most Helpful Answer

You probably still have the default settings for the backlight on. You can change how long/when sleep mode occurs in the System Preferences.

1. Go to "System Preferences" and click "Energy Saver."

2. You can change how long your Mac must be inactive before entering sleep mode. You can change settings for if it's connected to the AC or if it's running on battery.

3. If you don't ever want your Mac to enter sleep mode without you telling it to, you can download InsomniaX. This program keeps your Mac awake even if you shut the lid. If you want your Mac to sleep, you just click the little blue dude in your menu bar and disable it. Download InsomniaX here: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/222...

Hope this helps! :)

Robin2d will be eternally grateful.