0

Michael Lansang
1

Replace the front panel without changing the display

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

Can anyone give me some instruction on transplanting the digitizer, lcd panel, and all other parts from the front casing to a replacement one? I'm looking ahead to when I plan on reselling my GS4. The screen is in perfect condition, and I've had a case on it since I first unboxed it. I have however, dropped it a couple of times, and as such there is some marring on the chrome bezel- not the metal midframe. Most people I have seen online end up just changing the whole front panel assembly, but I would like to know if it was possible to just purchase the part I want to replace- which is available on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Mid-Metal... and then just transfer all of the components over to the new part.

Edited by: iRobot ( )