iPhone only works when connected to charger (water damage)
I often repair iphones for friends, but this one is hard to figure out: the phone has been under water and won't turn on any more. I opened the iphone and let it dry, but it still won't turn on unless i connect it to the charger. As soon as I disconnect the charger, the phone goes dead again. Which part do I have to replace? I see that there is some form oxidation on the battery terminals on the mobo, so I assume that the battery got shorted. Do I need to replace the battery, or do I have to replace more parts?
Any help is greatly appreciated
Is this a good question?