The larger of Apple's MacBook Air laptops featuring dual microphones and 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity.

Backlight doesn't work on my MacBook air

Hello everyone,

my backlight doesn't work anymore.

can anyone tell me where the backlight chip and fuse is?

please help.

Here are some pictures of the logic board.

Jacco van de Wijgaart, what are the last three digits of you computers serial number? This will help to identify your logic board a bit better.

[image|332705][image|332703][image|332702][image|332704][image|332701][image|332700]

hello

replaced both parts a while ago but still no change, is there a way to link te backlight inverter directley to a power source like te battery? so i have continious power?

Jacco

Jacco van de Wijgaart , the fuse is reference designator F9700 is a 3AMP-32V in a 467 package. The backlight driver is a TI LP8550 and is reference designator U9701. If you post an image of both sides of your logic board, we can point those out to you. Hope this helps, good luck.

oldturkey, i will take pictures of the logic board tomorrow. thank you for your help!

Jacco van de Wijgaart will be eternally grateful.