Just replaced screen but phone has stopped working properly

Ok so I used the guide for display assembly replacement and finally 100000 little annoying screws later, it's set. However, now the screen is totally black and is completely unresponsive. If I plug it into my computer or car it makes a beeping noise, but that's the most it'll do. I asked someone to call me and instead of a ringtone I got a strange repeating tone that sounded like something crashing. I undid the battery (power cycling i think it was called?) and made sure the three ribbons are in there tight. I've also held home and lock buttons for significant portion of time. If I plug it into my computer it does show up in iTunes. There are no sounds otherwise. I have no idea what is up, only that it is not working. I got to school far from any apple store and I have to have a working phone before spring break friday. Pleeeease help

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

You have three choices.

1.) Screen not installed properly.

2.) Defective screen

3.) Blown a component in the backlight circuit--fuse, ic or coil. (would need a professional to replace)

Can you try plugging in old sceen don't bother with putting camera and home button back just clip in new screen and turn on see if it works..

That way you'll no if the new screen you bought is defective

ajl022 will be eternally grateful.