Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

My Keyport and mousebad is not working?

My Keyport and Mousepad is not working. This starts two days ago, today it was function but now it´s againe not working? I have to use a external keyport and a external mouse now.

I tried already to restart the my computer, but this does nothing to the problem...

and before I had several times the problem that my MacBookpro doesn´t react on the keport and mousepad, but when ever that was, I just did a restart and it was working...

Check the ribbon cable under the trackpad.

(between the battery and topcase). There's a "known issue" with the routing of the cable over the battery and through a guillotine like slot in the lower case. Using the keyboard hammers the ribbon cable in the slot and can losen, or short that cable.

Quick fixes are:

1. Simply flattening the cable by turning over the MacBook and pressing on it.
  2. Placing a folded scrap of paper or note between the cable and the topcase.
  3. Replacement of the ribbon cable.

Good Luck,

N.

I know that trick, but in my experience it never worked long.

Thanks! my MacBook is working againe, I just turned it and pressed on it!

Max - please mark my answer as accepted. Thanks, N

This line of MBPs unfortunately has a record of failing topcases. I think it's some issue with the cicuitboard under the trackpad, which manages keyboard, trackpad and TP button. I never found another way fixing this than replacing the entire topcase. The keyboard can likely be reused.

Bummer, Apple!

Can I change the topcase buy myselfe? And where a get such a topcase?

Remove the battery and look in the compartment to give us the exact Book you have so we may direct you to the right part and installation instructions.

max will be eternally grateful.