Does an A1226 Logic Board fit into an A1260 unibody?

My old A1260 logic board died (GPU failure). Can I replace a defect A1260 logic board with an A1226? Are there any compatibility issues?

Cheers!

I'm having luck getting these nVidia 8600 boards repaired. eBay has a guy in Florida that will do the whole job for $150 or $75 if you just ship the logic board. He is a bit slow (5 weeks).

Most Helpful Answer

Why do you want to jump to a different model?

There's not enough difference in performance to take the leap here. While the cases are very similar there are enough differences internally to make this harder than it needs to be.

I would stick with the A1260 Santa Rosa logic board. Just make sure you get a rev 2 GPU.

Hi Dan.

The A1226 is cheaper on E-Bay. They offer this board with a newly installed 2013 Nvidia GPU. Im just wondering if all the connections will work inside the case :)

Cheers

OK, so this logic bd is a rebuilt A1226 (rev 2 GPU). Look some more I'm sure you'll find a rebuilt A1260 board around the same price. You might even find someone with the correct tools to instal a new GPU on your logic board if the GPU is the bad.

krabbedoelie will be eternally grateful.