0

Torben
1

Battery not recognized and not charging

I have just installed a new battery (got it on eBay - claimed to be original and new) in my MacBook Pro - following the guide here.

After the update the computer no longer recognize the battery (black X Over battery in menu bar and system info says no battery installed) and the machine will only run on AC power.

When reinstalling the old battery the issue remain! Battery not detected and not working.

The connectors look good both on the battery and the logic board.

I've tried resetting the SMC and PRAM without any effect. When running on AC power the machine shut down after some use 30-45 mins.

Any ideas or advise? Thanks in advance. Torben

Edited by: machead3 ( )

0

machead3
99k

I can tell you that sometimes "new batteries" fail right out of the box… especially those not purchased from Apple (box store BestBuy had to recall a lot of their Mac laptop batteries as there was a high failure rate).

It' possible that the battery may have damaged your connector or the SMC… but first go over the connector again. Ensure that is is not damaged (use a magnifier to look) that when you reconnect the battery the magsafe is also unplugged, and that the connection is square and fully snapped in.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.