1

dansan566
13

Wifi problem after SSD change - "no hardware installed"

Hey guys,

yesterday I replaced my superdive with an optibay kit, put my HDD inside and using now a SSD in the primary slot. I noticed that a tiny plastic square had broken off located at the Airport/Camera/Blutetooth cable. I dont know where its location exactly was. This tiny plastic square has adhesive on the back. I found a picture in one of the guides and I just have put it here:

Could this tiny plastic square really cause the issue?

My Bluetooth and my camera are still working. I have also tried a SMC and PRAM reset.

What is the most possible explanation for my problem?

Software, connector, cable or the airport card?

I found a similar issue here and I dont you how to fix it with a tape...

Thanks in advance!

I removed the fan and lifted the subwoofer a bit to adjust the camera cable. Now it lays exactly in a 90 degree angle above the optibay chamber. It still says "no hardware installed" ...

dansan566,

Use a magnifier to examine the cable for nicks, pinches. double check the connectors at the ends of the cable. The socket is metal and easily bent. Be sure to align the connector with its socket on the logic board before mating the two pieces. Ensure you have a straight, solid connection .

machead3,

Where are you seeing the no hardware installed message? Go to System Information (report) - network. bluetooth, wireless… if need be force a refresh (command-R) of the data.

machead3,

I have the exact same problem except that all three (bluetooth, wifi, camera) are not recognized. The little black piece mentioned above also broke off and i thought nothing of it and disposed of it. I am thinking of ordering a new cable. Help please!

EMB3,

0

machead3

The answer is the second one on the Question you sited. Disassemble/reassemble the fan as needed to carefully route the antenna wires.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.