MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Early 2013

2.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache.

Where are the power pads on this early 2013 MacBook Pro Model?

Since this Macbook Pro model is so new, I cannot find any pictures/information on where the power pads on the Model A1425 (early 2013) Macbook Pro logic board... Any help (especially with pictures) would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATED: Here are the photos of my logic board that I added below in my post. If someone could point out the two specific locations where a short is needed to power my MacBook on, it would be a godsend!!

I don't know where the keyboard connector is on the logic board. Do you have a photo? I don't have the exact configuration shown in the link you gave me on my logic board.

ADDED: Photos are from my MacBook's logic board below. If anyone can point out where I need to short to power my MacBook on, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Most Helpful Answer

See this Answer. Be aware that force starting a machine can cause damage.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

John, just like machead3 mentioned, this can cause damage. Anyhow you need to shorten pin 5 (keyboard on/off) to ground. On the connector ground is pin 29 but you can use the metal standoffs since they are easier to touch and locate. Hope this helps, good luck.

How do you shorten the pin ?

by joshhohaia96

I use a jumper lead (a wire with clips at the ends) which is holding a sewing pin as its probe on one end to touch the solder pad as needed and the other in this case a metal frame stand off.

by Dan

If you are also working on an A1425 retina, you're asking the wrong question because this machine turns itself on automatically when you attach a functioning charger. The charger is your power button! If you plug the charger in and it does not instantly turn on - something is wrong. Start by unplugging everything besides the dc in board and the fan, now plug the charger in. What happens? What's on PPBUS_G3H? PP3V42_G3H? PP5V_S4? What led up to it not turning on?

by zzz

John will be eternally grateful.