Demanding unspecified problem causing boot problems/Shut downs.
Ok, this problem will be challenging to solve. But I hope there is a Whiz who can help me out.
- Problem : Macbook won't boot, or boots and doesn't get across grayscreen.
- Observations :
1. When connecting with magsafe, the macbook won't boot at all.
2. Although the booting problem, the magsafe still charges up the battery
3. Disconnecting the magsafe will allow to boot the macbook on battery.
4. When the computer boots, and suddenly shuts down again I hear a click in the HDD.
5. Hardware that I tested :
- Battery : Working
- Ports (usb-ethernet-firewire etc.) : Working
- Fans : Working.
- Cd-drive : Working
- HDD: Working partly, sometimes I am able to boot the HDD to my desktop. But every setting I try to adjust with the HDD (format-reinstall OSX) results in a random Shutdown.
- Trackpad/keyboard : Working
- Batterylight, light on front: Working
- Speakers : Working.
- Possible and personal thoughts:
I think there has to be a short-circuit occurring in the logicboard. The problem with not booting when magsafe is connected leads me to that connection on the logicboard but I am not certain.
Any help possible would be appreciated.
Ps: I am not a Whiz, I just like to research problems myself.
Is this a good question?