Replace battery & Charger Port. Phone wont power on after it dies!

Hey, I am fixing a phone for a client. When I got it the phone would not power on. So I replace the battery.

The powered on fine. So I replaced the charger port as well. The phone powered on and charged fine. I thought it was fixed.

So the next day the phone died. So I went to charge it up. NOW THE PHONE WONT EVEN POWER ON AGAIN! I am stumped. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what the problem could be.

Most Helpful Answer

A new program that started about 10 days ago: Check your serial number here to see if it qualifies for the Battery Replacement Program:

https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-ba...

Could be the battery thats faulty or the charge port

I replaced the battery and the charger point. It was working until the battery died. Now the phone wont even power when I put it in on the charger. So Now I am back at square one.

Same issue here. Phone came in dead. Put in a new battery and it charges fine. However if you let the battery die it will no longer charge. Tried several known good batteries and charger ports. I read that there is a component called the U2 IC. It is a 36 pin chip. When this fails you will get the symptoms we are experiencing. Looks like a pretty advanced repair. Hoping someone else has run across an easier solution.

affter replace charging port

phone dead

what go wrong

ant advice

what go wrong

any advice

Derek D Hopson will be eternally grateful.