The HTC One X is the first HTC phone to be equipped with a quad-core processor, released in April 2012.

Can pictures be saved if water damage occurs?

The phone has suffered water damage. The owner wants to know if the photos can be saved. If they can, how.

John, they can only be retrieved if you manage to get the phone recognized by the computer. It is almost impossible by the DIY'er to access the memory IC. This would require special tools, like a NAND reader etc. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you, I suspected you were going to say that. I appreciate the help.

Hi John,

I have succesfully recovered photo's from a htc one x s720 that had an underwater issue.

First thing I did after taken it apart, was disconnecting the battery!

Then I took of all covers to expose every electronic component

Next I cleaned the motherboard with isopropanol and a toothbrush (carefully, trying not to brush of any small components!).

This did not solve my problem, the phone still remained dead.

And since I had no spare battery, I decided to open the battery ( even though they say not to do this)

I found some circuitry inside the batteryassembly, wich I cleaned as well.

After letting everything dry, I hook up my phone to charge, and it showed signs of revival!

I let it charging for an hour or so and then tried to connect it to my pc.

The pc did recognise the htc and I was able to recover most of the photo's (99%)!

I did this for a friend, because there were photo's of the birth of her son on her phone and she really was desperate.

Anyway... bottomline of this story? Backup your pictures to your computer everytime you've taken new ones ;-)

John will be eternally grateful.