Why dose screen seem to have white lines appearing in back ground

My screen seems to have faint white lines running top to bottom in the back ground of my screen. On occasion the screen will go black an than come back on its own. When it comes back it still seems to have the white lines? Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the replies is it possible that a small fall could dislodge this connection? This is my Daughters phone who works at a Vet. She said when she bent down to pic up a dog her phone fell out of her pocket. so it didn't fall to far and worked fine after that. This problem started about two weeks latter while she was sitting down using her phone.

I had two customers with iPhone 5 S same this problem. First one, touch screen was working with white lines and second one , touch screen was not working. Just it needed to replace touch screen chip and I did that and the white lines gone and touch screen start working.

my phone fell now i have the white lines at the top and it is really frustrating as the screen no longer responds when i touch it on a regular basis and occasionally works when the back of the phone is hit on my leg but then shorty stops working

I dropped my iphone 7s in a pool filled with dry ice. It won't turn on anymore. Please help!!

Most Helpful Answer

That happens to me to I don't now why if I didn't drop my phone and the white lines are there I tried to turn it of or make your phone die but I couldn't.

when you say touch screen chip do y ou mean the touch screen or the chip on the logic board?

what chip?????????

Touch screen IC on logic board

how much is it

I dropped mine in water but last night the lines weren't there, when I woke up this morning they appeared and they won't go away. I can still touch my phone and everything works right except the lines. They blink in and out sometimes, I've reset my phone, taken the screen off and put it in rice but, the lines won't go away, do I need to go get my screen replaced or what exactly do I need to do?

Hey did you ever figure out this issue? I dropped the top half (from earpiece to maybe half way down) of my iPhone 6s into coffee and I immediately dried it and it was fine that day. But today I have faint blur lines, sometimes dense blue lines and then beyond that sometimes a clear screen. Did I damage the lcd or an internal component?

What u did now to this phone

How can i get a black line out my phone

Might just need to repair it

you need to replace the screen, happened to my old phone

You could try a hard reset or a full restore if it just happened out of the blue..

If it was dropped then it's lcd damage..

But if just happened for no reason then I would get it replaced under warrenty ..

Had this happen one on a iPhone 5 I was repairing I just unclipped the connectors reseeded and worked 100%

Con how do you do that that's awesome if you see this. Comment plz answer it I need help and I'll be taking

Your screen is not seated securely on the logic board, did you have your screen replaced recently? If not then take your iPhone back to Apple for a replacement.

railmanm,

But would it cost some money?

mine literally just isn't working and im not sure why.. The lines appeared completely out of the blue, but it hasnt been dropped at all recently or in any water damage

It could be a screen that went bad. But I just purchased a replacement screen and upon installation the screen was black with white lines. I had just about given up but tried one more time to put it on and it worked. I think the LCD connection is very sensitive and if it's not perfect it will display those lines. Just an observation based on personal expirence.

I replaced a cracked scrren in my phone (5) not s, and the new ones has very, very faint vertical on it, almost hard to see. Just wondering if there is anything I should check, or something I may be able to reseat or tweak to get rid of them???

I left my phone on all night and I got black lines on my scree what do I do ??

I don't know what to do

There is a line on the screen of my phone what can I do to fix.

Yh I need help to

Why are vertical whir lines go down my screen

It's either the LCD going out or it got wet. Had mine in my pocket while walking during a heavy down pour within a hour the white vertical lines appeared.

It might have water damage my old phone did it I took it to the phone shop and they said it's got water in the battery there's nothing u can do about it apart from get a new phon

I dropped my Iphone 6 multiple times but nothing broke. Then a week later white lines start appearing and won`t go. My friend said its a virus but I don`t know. I tried restarting it 2 or more times, its doesn`t work

HELP!! ESAP

My brand new phone got white lines around the screen and I haven't dropped it yet or put it on water

I want to stop the lines on my phone

When it was raining ☔️ I thought it was in my plastic bag and I dropped it and it was still working at first and then it cut off and then It had a bunch of red and white lines and it still works I'm charging it now

railmanm will be eternally grateful.