1

Patrick Reynolds
13

BOARD BENT - is this repairable?

I sent my N5 to LG for repair but they sent it back unrepaired. The only info they would tell me is a board is bent. They won't tell me if its the motherboard or daughterboard.

I've seen new motherboards for sale online. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this sort of repair?

1

Aaron Savona
13

Same thing here. They didn't even call me to notify me they weren't going to repair it. I just received it back a week and a half later. (Nexus 5 as well)

Edited by: Aaron Savona ( )

1

brad
13

I had same response from lg, I believe it's a cookie cutter excuse because I sent my n5 in for repair for a blank screen and it was returned unfixed because of bent board. I opened up the phone when I got it back and reseated all the connections and the screen turned on.

0

Robert Ridder
1

Same issue here. Phone worked over bluetooth. Screen appeared broken, but I didn't drop it or anything. Sent it in, no calls, they sent it back with the "bent board" diagnosis.

0

aljlzamudio
1

The same thing happened with mine. A minor drop and LG sent it back with "BB - board bent, unable to repair." They didn't bother with a phone call or an email asking if I'd like a refurbished device or anything of that matter.

I'd like to know, since LG is the manufacturer, how could they not just replace the motherboard or daughterboard and charge the cost of that?

In any case, Sprint gave me a replacement phone for free. :)