0

Taras Lanchev
1

Still no news SSD upgrade for MBP'13 Late 2013?

Are there any news on when people will be able to upgrade their SSDs on this Mac?

I heard iFixit and OWC are working on it, but there are still no guides on how to do this.

Is it even possible?

Thank you.

Edited by: machead3 ( )

Any update to the op's question?

Luc,

Have OWC given up on the ssd for the late 2013 model? I hope not!

Emilio,

3

machead3
99k

Yes eventually it will be possible - look to later this year. Keep checking OWC, keep your ear to the blogsphere... The SSDs are hard to get but as with the '12 and early '13's eventually a 3rd party supplier will surface. You may not like the price though.

Perhaps what needs to happen is a "shift in paradigm" learn to keep only essential current files on your portable - put everything else (aka large files/folders {music, movies, pictures}) in storage external to the laptop. Many users are locking up their machines with "no free space error" messages because they are essentially hoarders.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

1

macmanaspen
13

Still nothing from OWC. I just got off a chat with them. Real bummer. Client has no back up and I can't get her data any other way except to get a late 2013 and swap...

Edited by: macmanaspen ( )

Yep still nothing from OWC Emilio, bummer

macmanaspen,

this is just ridiculous, year 2014 and only affordable ssds is 128 - 256gb from Apple

ressac,