Got dropped in water, everything works normal, except random charging.

It got dropped in water (fully submerged), and I was stunned to realize it worked as normal. The mic, speaker, wifi, data, headphone jack, nothing was affected. Until I tried charging it...

If I leave it connected for a few hours, after a while it starts charging sporadically, like a few seconds on then a few seconds off. So if I have it connected all night, it is fully charged in the morning. But I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before it's bricked.

The phone still works perfect in any other way, and I have the same battery life as before.

Any ideas what I have to repair here? The lightning connector? Also the battery?

The phone would need treated for water damage just incase you get complications..

You could try a new charging port and see if that cures it

larshalvorsen will be eternally grateful.