0

Jim
1

MacBook air doesn't boot

I test my magsafe adapter (45watt) and the output voltage without any load is 6.32v.Is this acceptable or not?I am asking this because my macbook air doesn't boot.The white led opens for some seconds then turns off for some seconds and then turns on but nothing on screen!The fan is working!

Edited by: machead3 ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

Help us help you - the more history we know the faster we can give you a working Answer. Have you tried a Safe (shift) boot? A Diagnostics (d) boot? a Repair (command-r) boot? Was the machine dropped or suffered a squeeze, stack or liquid spill? Did an update or reinstall fail?

machead3,

2

lemerise

6 volts is ok until the charger is connected to the macbook. Then there's a handshake between the charger and the SMC to provide 18v to the computer if all the subsystems are OK, if so the magsafe tip show the green light via the sens line. The 18v is distributed to many components but the computer needs 3.42v to startup (G3hot rail).

You description of the issue is not enough precise and we don't know if the computer is really booting and if your problem is a screen lighting problem or a power issue. Does the machine power off after a few seconds or it stay on ? Is the hard drive doing a booting sound (you can hear it working) ? Was the macbook in contact with liquid ?

1

Dan

As Machead stated we really need more info here. Is the MagSafe adapter plugged in and is the cord LED a bright green? If not what color and if it is dim.

Lets also try pressing and hold the power button to force a shutdown and then try rebooting any difference?