7.9 inch display iPad Mini, with 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage.

How 2 fix an iPad thats screen just went black?

it worked FINE the my Daughter logged into an app for Valentines Day, now the screen is all black and it wont turn off or back on. When you plug in the charger...nothing, hit any buttons...nothing?? What do i do? PLEASE help, single Mom not alot of money, so can't afford to take it in to be fixed.

My iPad mini was charging and my daughter went to go on It and it would not go on..it I a only a year old and I called the help center and they told me that I was out of warrenty and that's why it happened so how can I turn it on

try pressing home button and Switch button Simultaniously for 20 seconds. Apple logo will come and thats it.

after that you have to unlocked the screen by switching on the right upper button that sits beside the screen, then you have to turn off the voice over by double touch on screen for setting option under "General" then "Accessibility"

So thankful I came across this post! Whew, thought I had to buy a new iPad :-).

Wow. This just happened to me too! Mine is also just a little over a year old. Holding the home and switch button for 20 seconds worked. THANK YOU!!!

Do a hard restart ..

Hold power button and home button togeather at same time for about 7 seconds then let go off home button and keep pressing power.. It should restart!

thank you!!!!!!!!!! Just the answer I was looking for:)

Thanks for this, it has just helped us as well!

thank you. om g. it worked! life saver. thank uuuu

My screen did the same thing but it is not coming on

it worked…thank you

After that you have to unlocked the screen by switching on the right upper button that sits beside the screen, then you have to turn off the voice over by double touch on screen for setting option under "General" then "Accessibility"

Plug it in to recharge it.

It worked for me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, just got for xmas and was ready to burst out in tears! Thanks again!

Definitely, this was helpful.

My gadget restarted and black screen disappeared!- Kedrick.

Excellent, worked perfectly for me as well.

what to do if does not work? only apple screen pop up and then disappear, did not continue to restart, please help..

This was very helpful, my ipad went on again.

i have a question: why ipad mini gone black?

what's the cause?

Thanks in advance

Go to settings then general check lock and unlock switch off if on make sure it is not green.

Thanks ,,did help me

Many thanks - worked perfectly.

My ipad wont turn back on but I can here it when I take screenshots on it???!!!!!

Melissa Louke will be eternally grateful.