iPhone 5 shutting down with battery life, then saying no battery

My iPhone 5 has been randomly shutting down (usually with around 10-20% battery remaining), then it gives the dead battery icon until I plug it in. Once I plug it in, it immediately says its got the same battery as before it died. Ive tried deleting apps, tried a factory reset, tried turning off battery consuming processes (push, location awareness, etc.) I am not able to understand the crash reports, but maybe someone else could get some insight there? Do I need to replace the battery itself? Im fine to do that, but something tells me this is a software problem and not a hardware problem. I am really looking for a better way to diagnose the software problem, if that is what it is. I have iOS 7.04, and I dont recall having this problem before iOS7.

It's a new battery you need nothing wrong with the hardware

I ordered the new battery kit from here, I look forward to seeing if it works!

That will sort you out.. Let is know how you get on

So far so good, thanks!

Most people that install a new battery and say it's no difference there is damage to one of the components on the motherboard.

claudiaann1 will be eternally grateful.