Replaced lock button cable, now the volume down doesn't work?

I followed this guide on my cousins phone and he's saying the volume down button isn't working. When repairing I took extra care and made sure not to damage anything (took me 3 hours to fix). The button itself clicks fine but apparently won't work. Help?

Skip the upgrade.

Take $10 off $50 with
SKIPANDSAVE10

Save Now

Skip the upgrade.

Take $10 off $50 with
SKIPANDSAVE10

Save Now

Happen to me the other day aswel only both volume buttons were not working I put it down to a faulty cable so I have now bought myself a test cable for turning on the screen few inches away from the phone this gives me access to fit the new power button before I dismantle the phone and test all the buttons .. It comes in very handy

Yea your better off testing every thing before you install cause it can save you a lot of time if the cable is faulty

See image content:

I did that without the test cable, I propped up the screen and plugged in the new cable and only tested the lock button though :/

Patrick Lee will be eternally grateful.