The screen is dark.

The iPhone 5 LCD backlight is not working. How do I repair that. When I reboot the phone, the apple will appear but only in black. The screen is dark gray. Some said, it's the proximity sensor is causing the screen to go dark. I've change out the sensor but that doesn't work. What else can I try. Your answer is much appreciated.

Most Helpful Answer

FIRST OF ALL, if your iPhone is still under warranty, do not read the following & go to an apple store where your phone (if not damaged) will be repaired/replaced for free.

You may at 1st open it and clean every pin of the screen connector. Some dust can (do not hope about this too much) create problems.

The other explaination is that your blacklight is dead. You can own it & replace it by following those two links :

Do not worry about how hard it is. I think that except removing an iphone 4 back glass, there is not many things that are more easy to repair.

Hoping to have helped you !

Vincent

iPhone 5 LCD Screen and Digitizer Image

kqpham will be eternally grateful.