Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Can you increase the Ram in an Xbox One

Is there any way to increase the amount of ram in the Xbox One? I know it comes with 8gb default but I would love to increase it if I could.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. My unit is functioning fine, I just notice that there is the occasional delay with switching apps and the like. Do you think that a firmware hack will be developed to take advantage of more RAM?

The system is firmware locked at 8gb from what I have been able to find. I don't see any advantage to increasing it anyway, however - everything that is produced for the XB1 is made with 8gb of RAM in mind. Is there a performance issue with your unit that is prompting you to explore this?

My xbox one runs terribly, always has. I've factory defaulted it a couple times but still will force close games in the middle of them and lock up. I would be interested in knowing if i can upgrade the ram...

The RAM is integrated into the system board and is not upgrade-able without a degree in Electrical Engineering.

I poked my electrical engineering degree a couple times and told it to upgrade my xbox ones ram but all it did was sit there. How does one properly train their degree? What am I missing?

Luke Daelemans will be eternally grateful.