0

Cyberia Informatica
11

Smart cover doesn't work

I replaced the touch screen of my ipad mini, everything works but not the magnet sensor to activate the smart cover.

Can someone kindly help me? thanks

Edited by: Cyberia Informatica ( )

Hello, not to over simplify this but did you check the setting option to enable Smart Cover feature?

DonleySeibel,

Did you ever get it to work? I just checked everything and all the parts are there.

Clay,

1

ZFix

May be you have missing parts in your new touch screen.

The magnet sensor is on the right side of the home button, on the home button flex cable.

See your old one digitizer.

Regards.

Edited by: ZFix ( )

Could you kindly send me a picture? Where is the sensor on the home button flex? Thanks

Cyberia Informatica,

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPad+Mini+Wi... Picture from step 28. There is a black tape on the flex cable. You can see here on the cable one small element with 4 legs. And there is other elements under the tape. And on the corner of the digitizer you can see small magnet. You must have another one on the next corner. May be you have missing parts on this flex cable.

ZFix,

0

jessabethany
iPad Rehab

This problem is due to non-original home flexes that are missing a couple SMD components necessary for smart cover function. Return that digitizer assembly and order one from a supplier that is aware of the differences between original and non-original home flexes.