iPad Mini Wi-Fi

7.9 inch display / Model A1432 / Available in black or white / Announced October 23rd, 2012 / 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

Smart cover doesn't work

I replaced the touch screen of my ipad mini, everything works but not the magnet sensor to activate the smart cover.

Can someone kindly help me? thanks

Hello, not to over simplify this but did you check the setting option to enable Smart Cover feature?

by DonleySeibel

Did you ever get it to work? I just checked everything and all the parts are there.

by Clay

May be you have missing parts in your new touch screen.

The magnet sensor is on the right side of the home button, on the home button flex cable.

See your old one digitizer.

Regards.

Could you kindly send me a picture? Where is the sensor on the home button flex? Thanks

by Cyberia Informatica

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPad+Mini+Wi... Picture from step 28. There is a black tape on the flex cable. You can see here on the cable one small element with 4 legs. And there is other elements under the tape. And on the corner of the digitizer you can see small magnet. You must have another one on the next corner. May be you have missing parts on this flex cable.

by ZFix

This problem is due to non-original home flexes that are missing a couple SMD components necessary for smart cover function. Return that digitizer assembly and order one from a supplier that is aware of the differences between original and non-original home flexes.

Cyberia Informatica will be eternally grateful.