muffled speakers because I dropped it in ice cream

I first attempted to clean the small holes with a napkin that did not work so I looked it up to find a suggestion to use an electric tooth brush it changed it slightly but not very much at all. should I try to leave it in rice over night? please answer as quickly as possible I'm terribly sorry I'm just freaking out a bit. thank you!

i did the same thing and im trying do use the rice method

Rice method won't solve the problem. You will actually have to clean the phone and clean it of liquid damage to avoid more problems in the future. It is advised to use 99% isopropyl alcohol and clean all the contact points for ribbon connectors such as front display ribbon plugs, logic board plugs and even on board components as you don't want them to burn out.

This is an off topic question to others:

- I recall seeing a thread about an iPad 2 digitizer repair a few days ago saying that they can wake up the iPad with the home button but the power button actually works when you hold it to turn it off but the power button would not wake up the iPad.

Did anyone else see this post somewhere recently? Because I was going to post a solution to it which would be the power & volume flex cable not seated properly or damaged.

Most Helpful Answer

Just put kettle on and wait till its starts steaming leave for 5sec and suck the speaker keep doing it for a few mins and boom it worked for min and mine was mint icecream

The device needs to be properly treated for liquid damage. I strongly recommend powering it down and leaving it off until you address this condition. Do not rely on rice to take care of this! You can find a technique guide here. Go to the iPhone 5s device page also and review the teardown before you attempt to do anything so that you can be better informed as to whether or not this is something you are comfortable tackling. A word of advice: if you do choose to disassemble your device, be very careful of the ribbon cable for the Touch ID sensor.

Good luck to you!

If you found this helpful, please up-vote or Accept Answer.

thank you very much! I don't think I'm confident to do it myself but thanks for telling me what's going on!!

abbie will be eternally grateful.