Upgrade MacBook Pro late 2011 with Bluetooth 4.0

Hi

Could i swap the airport/bluetooth card with a card from early 2013 MBP 15 model?

in such case which is the part number of the card i need to buy?

Yes - see this compatibility list

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

MacBook Pro Unibody (Early 2011 through Mid 2012) AirPort/Bluetooth Board Image

Hi

I've already seen this module but if you take a closer look to the specs you see:

Product Details

Airport: 802.11n

Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR

Yes the correct model is BCM94331PCIEBT4CAX. However I have tried this with a Early 2011 model MacBook Pro 13" and I have been having a lot of trouble getting AirDrop to work because it will not pair any devices properly. I've been speaking with Apple support about this and they are as stumped as I am. I'm hoping it's just a faulty module which is replacable. If it's a compatibility issue then I've wasted $106 on this.

I just ordered this card and I saw in the MacRumors forums that after installing it, you need to do some terminal fiddling in order to get it to work. Do you still have to do that or does it work "automagically" with MacOS Sierra? Thanks! I'm installing this to make the MBP more appealing when I sell it in a few weeks after I get my new 2016 MBP in and before I sell it, I'm installing a brand new copy of MacOS and am hoping that I don't need to do any Terminal fiddling in order to get it to work correctly.

Lex, did this work? I'd like to make that swap as well.

OK So I found out why AirDrop doesn't work. It's because Apple's OS detects the model of the laptop and immediately assumes that it is not AirDrop compatible regardless of the hardware changes. I found that you need to run the Continuity Activation tool to get it working.

https://github.com/dokterdok/Continuity-...

Filippo Cobelli will be eternally grateful.