Is battery replacement necessary after minor liquid damage?
I dropped my iphone 5 into a toilet two days ago. It had a full otterbox on and was removed from the water quickly. I powered it down, removed the case and dried it off, although there was very little moisture on the phone itself. Within 5 minutes it was in rice. I left it in there for about 24 hours before taking it out and trying it. Everything seemed to be working fine, I charged it to 100% without problem and I thought it was in the clear. However after use for several hours I noticed the battery percentage stuck at 98%. I thought this was odd and did a reboot to which it powered back up at 20%. After more use it began shutting off randomly. I decided to place it back in the rice for another 24 hours and now battery percentage seems to be functioning normally however it still does randomly shut off at times.
I checked the external liquid indicator by the sim card and it has not been triggered. I'm wondering if I should give it more time in rice, or try taking it in and see what the Genius bar says? My warranty is over but if it's a battery problem I would most likely go elsewhere and get it replaced, or attempt a repair myself.
Do you advise against using the phone?
Is this a good question?