iPhone 5

iPhone is dead after replacing battery and button

I just followed the instruction on this website on how to replace the battery and power button of my iPhone 5.

I wrapped up everything, and now my iPhone seems to be completely dead (doesn't start, doesn't charge, is not identified by a computer).

I tried opening it, making sure I didn't miss anything, and closed it again. Nothing.

Please help.

What happens if you plug it in to a computer? If it is recognized, then that would point to the screen connection. Is it possible that the screen is not connected properly? Make sure that your cables are clicked firmly into place.does it do anything if you flip the vibrate/silent switch. If it vibrates, then that also points to the screen connections. Is it possible that you shorted out the battery somehow? I would suggest testing the output voltage of the battery?

Good luck!

If you found this useful, please up-vote or Accept Answer!

Thanks for the response. Nothing happens when I connect it to my laptop, and it also doesn't vibrate...

by omerbo2

You may have made a static shock on the logic board, I did this once and resolved it by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Perhaps your screen flex cables are loose or damaged. Always wear antistatic gloves and switch the phone off before opening it up.

Thanks. Well, I tried reconnecting the battery, still dead...

by omerbo2

try the old battery that work b4 its possible the new one is faulty

Thanks. Tried that also. Still dead :-(

by omerbo2

Same problem for me. Today i changed my power button and camera ai tried to open the phone . The phone was overheating... Not turn on.. After 10 minutes when ai connected to itunes and tried to do a restore he give me an error... The phone continue to heating... Was very hot... After disconect is dead no recogniZe no nothigng... :(

Take battery out keep phone plugged in charger test battery terminal on board with mutimeter if you get a reading then your board is ok battery is faulty if you don't get a reading most likely 1 of ic's have gone on board most likely need reflowing or replacing

Hi Kam, could tech us how to use multimeter to check from the battery terminal, and what's the reading should be . Thanks a lots

by Lemon

I know this is a dead thread (no pun intended)

but I have the same issue. iPhone 5 dead, bought

two new batteries thru iFixit, battery worked fine.

Then over a week of charge/discharge cycles it finally

went dead again when it gets down to 0%. So I chucked

the second battery in, battery charged to 100% &

since its fully discharged its dead again.

Any thoughts guys?

Ok, so pulled down a working iPhone 5 & swapped out both batteries between the dead & working iPhone 5. So the dead iPhone 5 is now working & the good iPhone 5 shows flat batt glyph on lock screen. Is there an additional circuit that kicks in when the battery is fully drained? It appears on the dead iPhone 5 it struggles to detect or apply the right circuit to charge a battery from fully drained state. Yet if the iPhone 5 is not allowed to fully discharge & charged before 0% it works fine. Thoughts?

by blitzn

Turns out its a chip related issue on the Logic Board to do with Third Party chargers http://www.macrumors.com/2014/06/19/ipho...

by blitzn

This is U2 ic chip failure for sure. We have had a lot of success lately switching U2 chips on the iPad 4 and iPhone 5c. Ready to try an iPhone 5 if you want to send it in for board repair---click my name to find me.

by jessabethany

I think the cpu have broken ,repaired before you must have replace the motherboard,or try to a new battery http://www.iboxfix.com/battery-replaceme....

omerbo2 will be eternally grateful.