Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

got my iPhone wet

Got my iPhone real wet - tipped over in a canoe with it in my pocket. I've taken the top (screen) half apart and am getting ready to disassemble the bottom to dry all the parts, but can't find a good Youtube tutorial on the bottom part. Any suggestion?

Most Helpful Answer

here are the guides for the 3 models.

videos are not that great for those jobs

diassemble it, clean it carefully with rubbing alcohol and a soft paintbrush and then let it dry a few days

My partner droped her phone (blackberry bold) in the toilet,

i got it out and opened removed the battery straight away, then wiped down what i could ith a dry towel and also shaked it a few times

i grabbed a bowl and put some rice in it, buried the phone sim battery and even the memory card and left it for 4 days

the rice will suck up any moisture

after that i put the phone back together and she was brought back to life

not sure if this will work on a iphone but its worth a try

good luck

Tim Daly will be eternally grateful.