0

keven
1

Headphone and Audio out stopped working after dual sad mod

After removing my 500gb hard drive and installing it into the optical drive and installing a ssd 250gb into the hdd space

My headphone output has stopped working If I put the volume at full i can here a cracking come from the head phones but that it. the internal speakers work fine just can't use the headphones the output worked before the hard drives where installed i use it all the time with djay

Edited by: Dan ( )

0

Dan

What can I say... The port just broke at the same time. If you look at this picture Logic Board you can see the two metal covered ports to the right of the SD card slot are the Aux and Headphone.

There is nothing here that the act of upgrading your HD to a SSD or adding a second HD with the optical drive carrier that would effect the audio outputs.

Did you damage something here?

Thanks for the reply I have not touched that side of the logic board at all I was just wondering if it was the maverick upgrade or a conflict with the hardware

keven,

Nope I've got 30+ of this system running Mavericks in the field.

Dan,