iPhone 5

Sixth iteration of Apple iPhone announced on September 12, 2012. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Water damage, no cameras or flash.

Recently dropped my iPhone on the road in snow slush. Found it with a smashed screen but no damage to the back and sides. Since having the screen replaced all works fine aside from both cameras and the flash. The higher water damage indicator is white however, the lower one is red. I am wondering if this is likely a problem with the motherboard and if ultrasonic cleaning or any repairs to the board would enable the back camera to function again?

I would definitely do the ultrasonic cleaning - regardless of if it fixes the camera issue, it may prevent further corrosion related issues from popping up.

It is possible that it might fix the camera issue, but that is hard to tell due to what the device has been through.

Hi, did you ever try the ultrasonic cleaning or replace the camera? I am facing the very same issue. Phone repair store says not worth trying to replace the camera when not working due to water damage bc problem most often has to do w a motherboard issue. Wondering if its worth trying to do it myself or just give up.

Thanks for your help.

Jordan

Kirrie will be eternally grateful.