1

Hitordie
49

Is the rear camera the same as the Ipad mini?

Hey im trying to replace the camera on my ipad air and i cannot find one that is reasonably priced. I have found that the ipad air and the ipad mini's camera look exactly the same and have the same specs. should i try to buy one? what is the model number the camera for the Ipad air so that i can compare to the ipad mini?

1

Joshua
1k
Mr Geek

The original iPad Mini and the iPad Mini Retina use different cameras. The iPad Air and the iPad Mini Retina share the same rear camera - part number 821-1521-A. The original iPad Mini uses a different rear camera - part number 821-1521-06. I'm not sure what you consider to be a reasonable price, but you can find the correct part here.

If you check this image, it appears that the bracket on the camera is different. But upon closer inspection, I think that the bracket pictured is only held in place with adhesive. Good catch! Thanks!

Edited by: Joshua ( )

Thank you for you post and the link! but i have a correction for you. according to the link provided the camera is for the Air, mini, and mini/retina. but your did answer my question and i thank you very much!!!

Hitordie,