Updated version of the Kindle Fire 7" tablet by Amazon with 1280x800 HD display. Released September 2012. Repairing this device is straightforward.

Why do I have to tap twice on things now to open?

Have had my Kindle Fire hd for about one week. All of a sudden, things wouldn't open unless I tap twice on them, but most of the time, even that doesn't work. It's pretty useless to me know because it's so frustrating. I had a kindle fire, and recently upgraded because I loved my kindle fire. I'm very disappointed that I have had it approx. one week and I can't use it. I've tried everything and nothing works.

Most Helpful Answer

I ran into this when I Was learning my Kindle. There is a pull-down menu at the top of the screen where the time is displayed. You will need to tap on it twice, but on the second tap, keep holding down a couple seconds until you can pull down the menu. Once you see the menu, double tap on the far right button (MORE). Scroll down to accessibility, select it, then make certain all three choices are OFF.

In my case this solved the problem. I just duplicated your problem on my Kindle Fire HD7 and this procedure fixed it, so I hope it works for you as well.

This worked! Thank you. I was getting so frustrated. Now I just need to figure out how to get my audio back.

This also worked for me thank you

This worked, thank you so much, blessings to you!!!!!!!

It worked for me as well, thanks so very much. That was very frustrating. God bless you!

Unless there is a setting that you changed, it sounds like the digitizer may be failing. I'd exchange it if possible.

Thank you! While your answer didn't work for mine, it DID lead me in the right direction! Settings, accessibility, *voiceview*, and that was exactly the problem. Shut Voiceview off, and everything goes back to normal!!! Thanks again!

Dianne Russell will be eternally grateful.