The Game Boy, released July 31,1989, is characterized by a large grey casing and model number DMG-01.

Original Gameboy will not turn on.

I found an original Game Boy that i haven't play in a long time. I have added new batteries and turned it on but nothing, not even the red light will turn on. I haven't opened the console yet to check what may be wrong. I do not want this console to go to waste. What should I do?

ross, the very first thing you want to do is to clean the battery contacts. Make sure they have not corroded to badly. If those are okay, you will have to disassemble your GB and take a look at the components. You could try and clean it with some isopropyl alcohol and carefully check to see if there is anything obviously corroded etc. But until you have it apart, anything will only be a guess. Use these guides to help you with taking it apart. Hope this helps, good luck.

ross will be eternally grateful.