The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Can we change the rear plastic iPhone 5c?

Hello. I'm French, so sorry for my English. I wanted to know if it is possible to change the back cover of the rather colorful plastic iPhone 5c. Thanks.

Thanks for fixin my bloe iPhone 5c I need to call my mom right now please helpe fixig screen

Most Helpful Answer

It is possible, however it may be hard to find the part.

Hello. You can replace a new iPhone 5c back cover that is not a hard task.

You can find the colorful back cover for iphone 5cat witrigs.com.

once you take apart the iphone to replace the back is there any new part besides the new back housing? any new adhesive you will need?

Hi, Elouen. It is possible to replace the rear case of the iPhone 5c. Just follow this guide to replace the case. You can order the rear case from the iFixit store.

iPhone 5c Rear Case Image

Product

iPhone 5c Rear Case

$19.95

Here's a site I found that sells the rear casings in every color:

http://www.etradesupply.com/apple/iphone...

However my problem is that I wish there were some sort of documentation on this. Well, time to watch the teardown 3 times through...

Couldn't you get in some legal troubles for buying a back housing containing the apple logo? Last I read (on some random forum), someone's $xxxx shipment of iPhone parts was withheld in customs for this very reason (Trademark infringement).

Be careful!

Can anyone confirm whether or not you need to actually removed the whole front screen and parts on the inside to change the back... I've watched some videos that basically do that, but just want to make sure

Yes the screen needs removed and the whole inside of the phone needs striped out and rebuilt in the new frame

are there any videos to watch to help you step by step to change the back casing on the 5c?

will it afftect the use of the phone?

No, it is impossible well unless you realise it wasn't your color and bought the same plastic but different color only within 30 days

If you do decide to change it would it deleate or rest the phone memory ?

I think so but really am not sure

Elouen will be eternally grateful.