2.3L 4cyl or 3.0L V6, 6th Generation

My horn keeps going off intermitently how do I stop it?

My horn keeps going off intermittently. Some times it is a long honk and other times it is several short honks.

Why is it doing this?

Where is the fuse for the horn? Or where are the horn wires located so I can pull them out? I checked both fuse boxes on right and left side of dash and no 'horn' fuse is listed.

I do not have an alarm system or a manual.

The service light is on. I don't have $ right now to take it in.

I'm looking for a quick fix.

Thank you

What model and what year is your Honda?

It's a 1998 Honda Accord LX

KJ Marsh, Under-hood Fuse/Relay Box fuse number 47 is the Horn as well as for the ABS control unit, Brake lights, Cruise control unit,Horn relay, Ignition key light, Key interlock switch (A/T), PCM or ECM. So, no way you can pull the fuse. What you can do is to pull and replace your Horn Relay. the horns are located in front under the hood beneath a cover. Hope this helps, good luck.

Oldturkey03, I also have a 2000 Honda Accord 2.3L 4cyl with a similar but different problem. My horn randomly engages (not sure if grounding somewhere or humidity is cause). Yesterday my horn stayed on for 25min (I was out of town) and automatically shut off. However, now every time I engage the horn button on the steering column, the 20A STOP fuse blows. So as long as I don't use my horn (or it doesn't randomly engage) my fuse #47 will not blow.

A replaced horn relay does not fix the issue. Also, when I do press the horn button, the horn engages for about 0.1seconds before the fuse #47 blows and the horn no longer is engaged.

Would you have any leads or guess as to what is going on?

P.S. I just created an account so please excuse if I'm incorrectly posting/replying.

@parker_ could be caused by a short in the horn itself or by the wiring to the horn. Unpluig the horn and push the button. If it blows the fuse you know it's the wiring. If it does not, you will know it's the horn

I have the same question for a 2006 Peugeot 107 5 door urban.

please help.

Thank you Vicki from england

Thanks KJ, no more horn blowing! At least now I can troubleshoot it without eliciting the wrath of my neighbors, much appreciated!

The battery in your key fob is dying. Change or remove the fob battery - problem solved.

Is the battery replacement a for sure fix? I had my horn previously go off twice, randomly, for about 30 seconds. It was only until I hit the horn itself a few times that it finally stopped. I have since replaced the battery and will see if it happens again. It has only been a day or two so I cannot for sure say yet. I sure hope that is all that needs to be done! Thanks much for the information.

KJ Marsh will be eternally grateful.