Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

iPhone 4S - Error 9 when restoring firmware

Hello

I have a problem with an iPhone 4S. It had some problems from the beginning when i bought it from ebay.

When I was flashing the firmware i had error 4013. I read on the internet that i should replace the USB Cable or the bottom flex cable (with charging port, microphone). After replacing the bottom flex cable I still had error 4013.

I cleaned the motherboard in an ultrasonic bathtub using Isoproppyl Alcohol. Things changed a little bit, now i have Error 9. It keeps putting the phone into the restore mode. Before cleaining it i looked at the motherboard under the microscope and it had no signs of water damage etc.

I have some repair skills with bga and soldering, so if there is a need to repair the motherboard, i would be greatful for any hints.

Here is the video on how it behaves when I am restoring the firmware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaPT5Al9o...

Most Helpful Answer

give heat to wifi ic

Wow, it worked for my iPhone 4s, thanks a lot bro!!!!!!

What did you use for heating the wifi ic?

Hello, it did worked for me just a few hours, after the wifi ic was getting cold, it did not work again. So my solution is, to replace the wifi ic. To heat the wifi ic i used a heardryer.

try changing battery

and restore with a working battery

it worked for me.

Wow, thank you bro, it worked for my iPhone 4s.

Great , thats nice

Another thing, still sometimes i get error 4014, but most often i have error 9

same problem dude.

JackVonThor will be eternally grateful.