A 10.2-Megapixel digital SLR camera by Nikon.

Can I clean my own camera?

I have dust just behind the glass on my rear screen, and just inside the view finder. I have had some success removing a small hair from the sensor, dust on the mirror and on the bottom of the prism, but I'm afraid to take anything else apart. Recently I used a lens cleaner inside the body and it left fiber lint on the black felt like material. It is rough to be non reflective. I was able to brush it out with a lens brush but i had a few loose bristles fall out. I was able to get these and then put the lens back on. Some good instructions and the correct tools would help. The camera is at least 2 yrs old and has never been serviced but used a lot.

You would need to take off the top cover, this is a job for a professional.

If I'm not mistaken this is a site of non-professionals who want to service their own stuff. If I knew what I was doing I wouldn't have made the post. It doesn't take the person at the Nikon service center years to lean how to clean one type of camera. I just need the basic steps to service this one model not every camera made by Nikon. It can't be rocket science. Being an expert does not mean being a genius it just means knowing the steps or having the tools and info resources available to do the job. That's why I signed up for this site. I have experience to share and a need to share others knowledge and experience. I'm not into "Saving the earth" but I hate seeing a relatively new mostly functional machine going to a land fill due to the need of a minor repair and I hate to spend $50+ on a "new" one when I can fix it in less than a half hour.

John Fagan will be eternally grateful.