MacBook Pro

Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

display clicked off during use, fan running loud

while in use the screen clicked to black, and the fan became really loud. I have turned it off and back on, no display, fan grows louder and louder. tried powering on w/ opt/com/P/R, but no change. Any ideas?

Connect to an external monitor - if it's black too you have a blown GPU/VGC or logic board issue. If you see a normal display the fault is in the internal (cable, controller, display) chain.

Once you've ruled the GPU in/out we can proceed further.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Thanks for your response. Since this is above my skill (and interest) level, I took it to a repair person who says its liquid damage to the logic board. The only liquid event I'm aware of was over 6 months ago, and its been working fine since then. Does that make sense?

Barbara Craig will be eternally grateful.