Complete how to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

The difference of a 3g glass and 3gs glass

Hi there

How can is see the difference of a 3g glass and 3gs glass

It's really hard unless you have one of each side by side. The 3GS glass has a slightly narrower connector than the 3G. Interestingly enough, I have gotten a 3G digitizer to fit on a 3GS; but only half of the touchscreen works, so, it's pretty worthless.

i just fitted a 3g into a 3gs with the same results as previously described. clicking on one icon results in the one to the left of it being activated. :(

From another google search around the net, the 3gs glass is more fingerprint resistant and has a special coating on it. I'm sure it would fit in the plastic enclosure, but I also here the same of what these other 2 posters are saying, the connectors are slightly different and if they even still fit the same digitizer plug, you will not get a fully functional digitizer. Honestly, they're both around the same price on ebay nowadays, give or take a few bucks, so just get the parts that exactly match your model phone and you'll be fine.

This is correct. I have just accidently installed a 3g screen in a 3gs and only half the screen senses. You touch one part of the screen, but it senses in another part.

i tried it and yes it works perfectly

Fabian will be eternally grateful.