CDMA version of the fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. 16 or 32 GB / Model A1349 / CDMA compatibility.

iPhone charges for minute, says "this accessory may not be supported"

Whenever I plug my iPhone 4 into ANY charger (I've tried a lot) it either charges for about a minute (or not at all) and than a message pops up saying "this accessory may not be supported. Should I try to replace the battery? Maybe the port?

Most Helpful Answer

I had this with "non Apple" chargers and to a lesser degree "non Apple" docking cables. I was suprised to find that of the 3 chargers and cables that I had gotten with some of my iphones on ebay, NONE of them were genuine Apple equipment. Not only that, but when I did finally get the genuine equipment, several of the phones that I had written off as bad due to being "stuck" in recovery mode due to errors, restored perfectly when I used the genuine cable. Google how to tell the difference, its an eye opener.

If you are using an original and genuine power charger Apple or compatible charger and there is still the error, the problem is in component charging on the motherboard or one of the fuses is not right ...

The repair requires soldering on the motherboard if you do not have the equipment and experience send the phone for those who can deal with it.

Actually I am surprised no one has added this answer but this problem can actually come up even with genuine apple chargers. If your docking port is corroded at all then you may get this error although it also could be from non apple products even the cheap 7-11 cables work on my 4s. I tried fixing my 5 with high grade isopropyl alcohol and steel wool but that did not work. I ended up getting it repaired for $55 which I think is probably a great price but I live in a low income neighborhood so services are probably cheaper. Anyway my guess is your docking port is bad. Try cleaning it first then get it repaired.

restart the iphone it worked for me :)

it happen to me as well and i think it worked

I have a genuine Apple cord and it is not my docking port. My husband and I both have the same problem with one of the cords but the other cord works fine. So weird. We have to take turns charging our phones

when i insert my charger the battery is backward

Apple, of course, won't help you with this problem at all....unless you get them to fix it for a big charge. Heading to Androids. My friends don't have these problems with theirs.

I had the same problem for days and i decided to clean the docking port just now, which had some dust accumulated,

And now my phone is charging like a charm.

Just take a toothpick and clean the port, be very careful and go very slowly to be sure to not damage it and that should work pretty fine.

Well IF its because of dust, if the cause is something else, well i don't know then.

Well Abraham you have quit the diverse group of answers so far. Within them is the answers to your problem. I have had the same issues with my iPhone 3, 4s, 5s and now 6 plus. First thing is the cleanliness of your phone, which is a no brainer. If you want anything to work properly it needs to be kept clean. However do not stick a toothpick in anywear on your phone. You should start with a vacuum to remove any loose dust and dirt, then follow up with a cotton swab carefully. A toothpick could cause you damage that you will now have to get repaired. I am sorry for the length of that info, but i did not want to see you cause a problem that did not exist.

Here is the short and simple fix for your error codes. You need to use genuine OEM apple cables and charging plugs. You will have to really look hard at booth items to make sure they have "designed by Apple in California". the knock off can look just like the real thing but they will not have that on them. Also don't cheap out, if you have old ones it's time to get a new set. you don't need to be cleaning the ends of old ones to get them to work. Mark my word after this simple task life will be all well in Apple land.

Since i cleaned my port it had been working perfectly, my friend had the same problem, cleaned his port and there's no more problem, and none of us are using genuine apple chargers.

Trying to make people buy uselessly expensive chargers is pretty shameful when other solutions work just perfectly and that said,

I did try i genuine charger when i still had the problem and it wasn't working at all on my phone.

But now surprise, a Fake charger works like a charm.

Abraham will be eternally grateful.