iPhone 5 wifi greyed out even after wifi antenna replaced

So I bought an iphone 5 in eBay to fix it. The screen was totaled so I repaired that first... This is when I noticed the phone would not connect to wifi. I have done all the tricks and noticed the phone will connect to wifi for a short period after paced in the freezer. This drew me to the conclusion the wifi antenna had to be replaced.. After all of that work.. Wifi worked for not even a minute just to fall back to the original problem. Did the same ole trouble shooting and reset and restored the phone a hundred times.... and did the whole heat lamp trick and nothing... I'm at a dead end here... Any one have any ideas???

Most Helpful Answer

Greyed out wifi is not caused by the antenna, but a defective wifi chip. It does not work properly and sometimes fails to boot up or get recognised by the system. You should replace the wifi module

Keisha--

Your phone still has value even with the wifi problem--sell it.

To replace a ball grid array chip, you would probably need to have several years of experience micro soldering, and quality specialized professional equipment. You certainly wouldn't want to try your first bga repair on a phone that has the resale value of your iPhone 5.

I ended up selling the phone for more then I put into it.. Thank you :-)

Where do I get it exactly? I was trying to find the parts for it and I'm kind of new to this. Thank you for the reply :-)

Ebay of course. But this is a difficult repair. BGA soldering required

To replace the wifi module do you pry the old chip off and clip the new one into place? Or is there more to it?

!@#$ ok... Well see how this goes lol.. Thank you

keisha serrano will be eternally grateful.