Logic Board Dead - Possibly Fried After Water Damage
I'm 14 and have been repairing iPhones for just over a year now. My cousin was on holiday just before christmas in the Caribbean. She bought a waterproof case from Apple and was taking photos In the sea. I'd seen previous results and they were very good. However, on the last day the case let sea water in. She contacted me when she was home, I told her not to try and switch it on or to charge it, but she had done both on holiday in panic. Apple have confirmed they will replace the phone but there are many valued photos etc on the phone. Taking it apart, corrosion near the bottom was bad. Removing the battery removed one of the four pins for the battery connector. I scrubbed the board clean with a toothbrush and IPA. It's cleaned up well, and looks normal apart from the battery connector. Earlier today I removed the 3 removable logic board shields and searched for damage. I can't see any burn marks etc? got a new dock and screen and tried to power up the device using a charger without the phones battery, but the phone remained dead. It didn't connect with iTunes but I don't know if re assembling the phone to put it into dfu mode would make iTunes recognise it? I'm waiting for my dad to get me some more IPA and I will soak the logic board in an ultrasonic bath. Can anyone help me, any advice to why it won't come on? is it completely dead?
Thanks in advance, Sam.
Is this a good question?