Battery temporaily disabled error

When powering computer up we get "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off your computer & try again when the unit is back to operational tempature.

We can do F1 and still power up. Error message is new.

Most Helpful Answer

Alvin Gerholdt, try this " The battery failing is the most likely culprit but you should check to see if there are any problems with either the notebook or Ac adapter before rushing out and replacing the battery.

I would start by checking the bios, start the system tapping F2 to enter the bios, you can also tap F12 and choose bios from the menu. Once in the bios look for the option for AC adapter warnings, if they are disabled enable them and save changes. If there is a problem with the adapter you should start getting errors about the adapter.

If the Adapter seems alright, disconnect the battery from the system and power down the notebook. Wait an hour or so and then replace the battery and restart the system and see if you continue to get the message. If you can run the notebook on battery only allow the battery to fully discharge and then charge it again and see if the problem returns." from here. First instinct is, bad battery. Hope this helps, good luck.

This was happening on my Dell P57G laptop with 11.1v battery. I checked several things and saw that the power supply was producing voltage. The computer when powered on would show the battery disabled and the adapter message was showing a problem as well. Something like not recognized and adjusting for the power needed to run laptop. I then noticed the plug was not inserting properly. Upon closer inspection, the center pin was bent to the side. The laptop would run like this when plugged in, but would not charger the battery. I unplugged and let the power run out of the power supply completely and then used a tiny Philips head screwdriver to bend the center pin back into position. The Philips head allowed me to have a groove to sort of grab the pin and push it gently without slipping off. Sure enough, plugged the power cord back into laptop. It seated like new and the battery charging light came on. Booted up and no more messages about battery being temporarily disabled or the adapter not being recognized.

" The battery failing is the most likely culprit but you should check to see if there are any problems with either the notebook or Ac adapter before rushing out and replacing the battery.

Alvin Gerholdt will be eternally grateful.