2

blagojevic
31

On what part of iPhone 5 is stored info about Apple ID

On what part of iPhone 5 is stored info about Apple ID, I want to know what chip, part if removed would remove all info about Apple ID (to get pass iCloud Lock).

Would changing Logic board (from iPhone without lock) remove problem?

I there any other way to unlock such iPhone?

Thank you!

If your phone is locked you either have a stolen phone or someone who has access to your account has locked your phone. At this point you'll need to go to the Apple Store with iron clad proof you are the owner of the phone for them to unlock it. Otherwise you should return the phone to the rightful owner.

Dan,

I asked because I wa thinking to buy one of those very cheap iPhone 5's from ebay that are locked from iCloud. My idea was to buy one that's locked and another unlocked logic board. Put it in and have working iPhone 5 for very little money. + I clould get one that's from verizon and has bad ESN(even cheaper) and use it here in Europe on GSM. Do you think changing logic board would fix problem?

blagojevic,

These are likely stolen units someone is selling, I would recommend you stay away from buying them.

Dan,

It is just and idea, I don't I'm going to do it. But still I'm verry intrsted if what I described above would work. You would help me a lot more if u can just answer. By the way if device is locked from iCloud that's NO WAY a sign it's been stolen. It happende to my friend he forgot pass for he's Apple ID and email inbox he used for it. So those thing do happen

blagojevic,

You should re-read what I said - I stated it was likely a stolen phone not that all locked phones are stolen as I also stated someone who had access to the account could lock your phone and I suppose if you fail to pay Apple for your iCloud account you will loose access to it as well. But that doesn't lock your phone only the server account and the access to the data on the server. Your friend has either twisted things around or has another problem. Your friend will need to visit Apple with phone in hand with proof he or she is the owner of the phone for them to unlock it. As for the eBay phones you can't prove you owned them so they are of little value as a phone. If they were stolen (most likely) you would have bought nothing but trouble.

Dan,

3

iRepairtinker1
103

I have a brilliant solution but its not for the faint hearted or most likely the intelligent.

Get an unlocked iPhone and then get another locked iPhone, solder the unlocked chips off locked one and re-solder them on the unlocked one, now get other chips off unlocked iPhone and solder them on locked iPhone, WAIT.

Try again, get iPhone thats locked and get another thats unlocked now concentrate and stop messing around.

Desolder chips from perfectly good working iPhone 5 therefore breaking it and solder them on the other iPhone that is broken therefore making it unbroken.

Magic solution, pick up unlocked iPhone in left hand and now concentrate as this is very difficult part, pick up locked iPhone in right hand, put contents of left hand in right hand and contents of right hand in left hand now in left hand you have locked iPhone and in right hand you have unlocked iPhone.

(Some people are Otters, some people are Rocks)

Send more Otters, we have too many rocks now

iRepairtinker1,

2

Tom Chai

There is no point doing this. It will cost more than buying a legal one

The icloud lock information is tied to the phone's IMEI and stored on apple's server. You have to replace the baseband and the baseband flash memory. But doing this is exteremely difficult and will likely break the cryptographic pairing between chips, causing activation issues.

That's not true. I can get working iPhone 5 with locked iCLoud for 180$, and I can get logic board from broken iPhone that was activated for 50$. So that's 230$+ some work (I already have the right tools). I know how to change logic board, I did it before. IMEI is stored somewhere on logic board. right? So changing the board would change IMEI with activaed one? I don't need to change seperate chips, I'll chabge the whole logic board-Way Easier. I just want answer if changing logic board with locked ID with one that's activated will give me activated iPhone that's all.

blagojevic,

Only the logic board matters,the rest is not expensive and not related to security

Tom Chai,

The phones serial number won't match so it will be suspect. Many carriers are now tightening down as well as Apple (they require both IMEI numbers when exchanging logic boards for their database) to activate mismatched phones. While you may think your getting a good deal here all you're doing here is putting a spotlight on your self as someone who either stole or accepted a stolen iPhone (possible jail time).

Dan,

@Tom Chai So that means it would work? @Dan Suspect for who? I don't need any carrier to activate my phone, I'll get activated one. No way I'm put spotlight here where I am...

blagojevic,

I agree, 50$ for a not locked, functioning iphone 5 logic board is suspicious as !@#$. In China the trend is around 2000 CNY which is more than 300$. Even with that price, nobody guarantees the board is not taken from replaced phones or registered with icloud. Anything cheaper than that probably gets you into trouble

Tom Chai,

0

Fert
1

Bro, if you read Russian here is some service http://digitalsphere.ru/services/1052032 (I am not affiliated with them, just interested in the same problem) check with them, there is also some part in English or you can use ggl translator.

0

khoreluk
1

There's sites out there that. An bypass iCloud activation and there's a way to find out at least the iphone owners email off of phone to ask them to remove iCloud from device. There simpler, easier, cheaper ways around it.

Apple controls the servers the ID is stored. You need to contact Apple not these fly by night scam artist all they are doing is taking your money.

Dan,

Dan i dont know how they do it but i know the guy who remove apple ID from iphones, he done already many iphones, so if he done this there is the way to do this. What itry to say there is nothing secure in this world and always on any security will be the way to brake through :)

andrei orekhov,

Smoke & mirrors - Sorry if you have the latest iOS on your phone it really can't be unlocked (iCloud).

Dan,

0

andrei orekhov
1

To remove icloud from motheboard needs to be resolder 3 chips from any other motheboard that do not have icloud. (all info icloud,imei and other split by apple in 3 chips) this is why have to be change all 3 chips. For people who have expirience with soldering its possible for other not.

Yep Dan (it can be done for sure) Do the same thing on iphone 4s, we will see how everything goes with 5s.

Edited by: Dan ( ) , andrei orekhov ( )

Andrei - No one is going to go to this level of effort, nor do they have the needed gear to even attempt it. Bottom line here it's a dead board (phone).

Dan,

Just out of curiosity, what 3 IC's are those?

Baseband, baseband memory and another one I don't know.

Tom Chai,

U601 if you chech schematic you will see this chip. I know Tom :) but at least people get the answer

andrei orekhov,

Hi, Andrei, U601_RF is the baseband memory, so what else needs to be changed?

Tom Chai,

0

planetrepairs
1

nand flash+baseband proc+baseband mem = and you got working phone

Edited by: planetrepairs ( )

just wondering did it work?

mailthegirls,

try it and you will see ) if you have years of expirience with resoldering chips of course. otherwise you never make it work, this is very complicated job

planetrepairs,

Basically brain surgery ;-}

Dan,

hi, those 3 chips that need to be changed, they have to be pre-programed right?

Miguel Santos,

They must be removed from working board and installed on the board that have icloud. You can not programm those chips myself.

planetrepairs,

0

andrei orekhov
1

Guys dont mess here there is nothing in this world that stop thieves. Buy the wayicloud became worst idea against thieves because once cell phone is blocked or deleted its out of cell operator service and if before local police was able to trace the phone through service provider network find the phone and get back to the owner with new icloud service phone lost forever

andrei - Not to worry! The way iCloud and Find My Phone works allows one to locate a stolen phone (even if you or they wipe it). The disabling of the phone still allows it to be found. Yes, there are limits here. As the phone still needs to be working order. Here's a good writeup: Find My iPhone, iPad and Mac.

Dan,

0

jayshookler
1

Just buy an unlocked broken phone with clean IMEI, switch the Logic board and you have an awesome working phone. then turn around and sell the parts of the broken phone on ebay...njoy

0

mdjonesiii
1

you still didn't/never answered the individuals question. I would like to know if that is possible myself and I am not in possession of any iphone equipment but I am a desktop engineer, and I find the question very interesting.

If you have soldering expirience,patience and desire you can make it for sure. Also you need soldering station, tempature 320-340 C, depens on heating station brand, the most tricky part remove black compaund and chip careful to dont destroy contacts on motheboard

andrei orekhov,

0

chipperjones
1

Yes very possible in fact did it today. If its your first time working on an iphone, here is a little hint I wish someone told me 3 years ago. GET A PAIR OF 3X READING GLASSES from the dollar store. It will save you so much grief.

Anyway, tried to re-solder chips once to get my daughter a 4s, big pain in the a$%!. It does work though.

My opinion on Apple's Activation lock- It is scam on Apple's part. The majority of Activation locked phones are NOT stolen. Now ther are millions of worthless (unless you are tech saavy) phones and Apple has a reason to produce and sell more phones. Hundreds of people waste money on eBay everyday buying phones honestly and get stuck with a paper weight. Apple benefits in the end.

Solution- ONLY LOCK PHONES THAT ARE REPORTED TO POLICE AS STOLEN. Not every freakin phone with iCloud on it. Come on!!

0

utminer
11

Holy crap, MBGA chips are a pain to solder back on.

0

Eliah
1

I was wondering the same thing, I bought an iCloud locked iPhone 5S but it was never reported stolen, the original owner just didnt find out how to unlink it from their iCloud and now im stuck with a bricked iPhone with no way of contacting the original owner so I was thing of finding a junked iPhone 5 or 5S (hoping it doesnt matter which one) that's unlocked and switching the logicboard. I hear I'll have a new clean IMEI and it wont be iCloud locked? I dont care much for activating on a phone service I just want to get it to work, WiFi is acceptable.

If you can get an unlocked iPhone, why bother swapping logic boards, just swap the phones!

Tom Chai,

Releasing a clean phone from iCloud lock (not stolen, but say the owner forgot his/her Apple ID/Password/Security Questions... happens more often than one thinks) is easy and *cheap* if you go to Apple Store with proof of purchase.. They'll unlock it for you for free.

Rany,

On the "stolen" issue: A stolen phone is stolen if someone stole it. Whether it's been reported to the police or not is irrelevant. On the iCloud lock: The original owner can unlink the iPhone from his/her iCloud account whether they have the phone in their hands or not. All they have to do is log into their iCloud account through a browser, Select "Find My iPhone", select the iPhone, click "Remove From Account". If the seller's story was that the original owner (obviously not them) 'couldn't figure it out', then the seller either was the thief or a fence reselling stolen property. Thieves have been reselling stolen iPhones for years; they're going to keep doing it as long as they can find buyers. If a seller cannot unlock an iPhone, don't waste your money buying it.

adlerpe,

To add to adlerpe's point: When some one reports something stolen a paper police report is filed within the locality where it was stolen. So if the item is recovered from a police raid it will get back to that person within the locality. The report rarely gets posted on any big crime DB and rarely does anyone ever look at the DB if one could even gain access to it! So the whole idea of reporting a theft is of little consequence from our perspective. Apple's move bypasses the police so now you have the control if your iPhone or iPad is stolen it can be made useless to the thief or fence as a sellable item as long as people understand a bricked phone is a dead phone.

Dan,

0

sergio
1

what would happen if i put a complete logic board from an iphone 5s into a icloud locked iphone 5s. would that remove the lock?

sergio, think this through. You are going to replace a different logicboard (which is in all reality the phone)in a case of a locked one. That is about the same as using a totally different phone. How could this eliminate the lock from the old logic board (account). It's like using two totally different phones....

Purely out of curiosity, perhaps if the ESN variable was altered in the NAND flash?

utminer,

0

Chuck Norris
1

All of you idiots are talking $@$*, trying to be a good blood citizens and honest. Well, next time if you all find a phone or even a dollar bill, leave it wherever it is, coz you guys are good f+#=ing citizens.

PEOPLE, BUY AN ICLOUD LOCKED IPHONE, AND JUST CHANGE ITS LOGIC BOARD. YOU HAVE A BRAND NEW IPHONE RIGHT THERE. SIMPLE????? AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE ITS SIM TRAY AS ITS GOT THE PHONES ORIGINAL IMEI AND SERIAL, CHANGE IT!!!!!!!