CDMA version of the fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. 16 or 32 GB / Model A1349 / CDMA compatibility.

iPhone won't charge, 2 battery replacements and no service

I had a problem where my phone wouldn't charge. I thought it was the battery, but 2 battery replacements later the problem still persists. After the battery replacements the phone works fine, then after a day the phone starts to randomly die and then will not turn on again. When plugged in the phone blinks the apple symbol and then eventually will go to the home screen fo a little while but I won't have any service. I am out of ideas of what could be wrong. What do you guys think?

kathy, before messing with the IC's, I would suggest that you try a new dock connector first.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

The ic for charging on the Mother board is broken. It is hard to disassemble and re-solder it to the mother board because it is tiny. So you need to have the service center repaired it.

Will the apple service center repair it if I have done other work to it myself? Like replace the battery and front glass?

Hello!Kathy,

There are four steps to do when the iPhone won't charge .

1.Check the battery. Or

2.Check the charging port flex cable . Or

3.Check the pins of battery dock connector if the pins are corroded or broken .Or

4.Check the charging ic of mother board.

You can replace the battery and charging port flex cable. But the dock connector and charging ic are soldered with the mother board. It is hard for non-technical person to replace them.

But you said the phone blinks the apple symbol and randomly die. From my experience, the mother board of your phone has serious problem. It may be not the battery or other cables problems. I suggest you to ask apple service center to check the mother board or the whole mother board will burn out.

You can get the iPhone 4 spare parts you need at here.

kathy will be eternally grateful.